Chase Robert came to our family on May 31st at 3:05 in the morning. He was 6lbs 1oz 19 inches long! One week early we didn't see this one coming at all. In fact J and I were out on a date and we were heading to my parents house to pick up Cameron and all the sudden the contractions started coming on strong. My water broke up at my parents house, we were lucky enough to have Cameron already asleep so they just kept him there while me and Jason made the 20 min drive back down to AF Hospital! We got there at 11:30 and at 3:05 he was here. It was nice and fast.

Proud Daddy again!!
When they took Chase to get cleaned up they noticed that his breathing was rapid so they had to put an IV in his sweet little hand to get some fluid in his body. That slowed down the breathing but they were also concerned that his white blood cell count was high. The doctors said it was either due to the labor or his body was fighting off an infection, so they had to keep him in the NIC U for 48 hours until the culture came back. This made it really hard to have visitors because they couldn't hold him. We could take a few people back at a time. The sad part is Cameron couldn't even go back there to see him so we didn't get any pictures of Cam with Chase at the hospital. The culture came back on Tuesday and it was negative so we could take him home with us. It was very exciting. 



The day that we get to go home, yeah!!





8 comments:
What a CUTE little boy. You and Jason sure are good at making adorable little boys. Your delivery was not long at all. I cannot wait to see him. Hopefully I can come up again by myself and stop and see you again. It sure was good to see and chat with you. I hope you are adjusting to three boys. Lucky girl!
I was waiting for this post and I don't know how I missed it. Chase is a cute little boy. I am SO excited for you guys. I can't wait to come home in a couple of weeks and hold him. You guys have a beautiful family!
Congrats guys!!! How exciting... I am so happy for you and he is absolutely adorable! Having two is so much fun.
Congrats you guys! I didn't even know! He's a cutie! That's about the size Lily was when she was born, they're so little! I'm glad it was fast for you! And that he's doing better!
Yay! I've been checking your blog daily, waiting (not so patiently) for updates! I'm so glad your little family is doing well, and Chase is so cute! He is a little guy! Let us know if you need anything at all, and congratulations!
Just wanted to give our congratulations!! He's a keeper! Hope the adjustment goes well! We miss you guys!
Laura... He is so cute, CONGRATS!!! I have to admit that makes me a little baby hungry. Once you get settle down a little bit we need to get together again.
Laura, I love those little boys so much! That picture of you holding Chase right after he was born made me cry for some reason! You're such a sweet mommy! I love you guys! Chase is darling and Cam is such a great big brother!
Post a Comment