
Our little Chase has had some health problems lately. About a month ago we took Chase in because of Croop. They gave him the steroid shot and sent us on our way, well a week later, the croop was still their. So off to the doctor again and with another steroid shot plus double ear infection antibiotics sent us away again. Thinking that the ear infections were the reason why the croop was lingering so long we thought after he gets done with those then he will get better. Oh boy were we wrong. I took him back in about a week or so ago because the croop never went away, the doctor told us there must be something going on, so off to the hospital we went to get x-rays and blood samples of my poor little boy. The x-rays we so sad and the blood draw was even sadder(if that is even a word). I was crying while they were taking his blood cause he was just looking at me like "mom why are you letting them do this to me." so that night we heard the results, luckily not asthma, but its a condition called Chronic Croop I guess, never heard of it before. The x-rays showed that there was some kind of extra skin in his throat that is getting inflamed and causing the croop to linger. So when all is said and done, we need to go to Primary Children's Hospital, get his throat scoped and if they find anything concering, they might have to do surgery to remove the skin. Will keep you updated on how that appointment goes. Sorry so such a long post.





3 comments:
Poor guy, we will pray for you!
Oh sister, I am sorry! Poor little babies shouldn't have to go through this stuff. Primary Childrens is really good with them though, we have been a couple times for Tyson when he was tiny.
I hope he is doing okay, and still sleeps for you. Sick babies are hard.
Oh no! Im so sorry to hear that. That makes me sad. I hope he is doing better and you are holding in there ok.
Ill keep you all in my prayers.
xoxo
Chelsea
Post a Comment